After reading the August issue of Bon Appetit, I am convinced that I want an ice cream maker. This one from Cuisinart looks pretty good. My first treat: Mint Hot Fudge Sundaes.
* 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
* 1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup water
* 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
* 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
* 1 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
* 2 tablespoons sliced fresh mint leaves plus fresh mint sprigs for garnish
* 1 pint vanilla ice cream
* 10 chocolate-mint sandwich cookies, coarsely broken
* 1 pint green mint chocolate chip ice cream
* Sweetened whipped cream
*Stir first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon sugar in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Bring just to boil. Remove from heat. Add unsweetened chocolate and extract; stir until smooth. Set mint-fudge sauce aside.
*Toss remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and sliced mint in small bowl. Set mint sugar aside.
*Place small scoop of vanilla ice cream in each dish. Top with some broken cookies, then scoop of mint ice cream and more cookies. Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons warm sauce over each. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with mint sugar and mint sprigs.